Monday, September 28, 2015

Leaving for Entebbe in Three Days . . .

Actually, the first post was written four years ago when I decided to create a blog, but once created, I abandoned it!  I am now resurrecting it, because I have something special to write about. 

I am leaving for Entebbe in Uganda in two and a half days.  I am going with a group of Canadian Grandmothers, who are part of the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign, helping to ease the suffering and turning the tide on HIV/AIDS in Africa.  Most of you know something about this, but if you don't,  please look us up at: www.stephenlewisfoundation.org and www.grandmotherscampaign.org

Right now I am running in circles like a wet hen, and can't think very clearly.  I'm in the middle of packing and making sure everything is under control here at home before I leave.  I have promised many people that I will keep in touch, so I hope this blog will do the trick.  I am just learning how to blog, and how to get the word out to you, so be patient with me.  :)

The exciting time will be when I arrive in Entebbe, and I can describe what's happening and what we are doing.  These first few posts will be practice posts for me.  I will be using my iPad and will have to seek out places that have wifi.

There is a lovely little article in today's (Sept 28) Record by Gordon Lambie--try to get your hands on it--it will give you a better idea of what is going on.  Right now I have to make a list of people who I would like to include.  I have no idea what I'm doing!!!  Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Jane!
    I've no doubt you will expeditiously "twirl" your way through packing and prepping, and arrive at the finish line, or the airport check-in line, ready to bring your special energy to Entebee. They are in for a treat.

    Admire you tremendously,

    Candace

    ReplyDelete