Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grateful to the Grannies

Seventeen hours to blast off.  Putting finishing touches on packing--meditating and trying to stay calm. 

Hoping to meet Denise Colgrove in Entebbe on the day I arrive.  She tells me there are six hotels with the name "Imperial" in it, so things remain complicated.  I'll tell you more about this later. 

 My flight arrives in Entebbe at 1:00 pm their time.  My Granny travel companion whom I will meet at Dulles airport tomorrow, has lost her phone.  Ma Tante  Raymonde  (another Granny) will be arriving here soon, to take my wee doggies to her house--the separation anxiety is mostly on my part.  My two puss cats are in the capable hands of my friend and co-Granny Meredith.  Another co-Granny, Alice will drive me to the airport at the ungodly hour of 2 am tomorrow morning. A number of Grannies have joined in the "crowd funding" of this trip.  I have received many e-mails and phone calls wishing me well.  I was nominated by Grannies to take this trip.  I hope I can represent them well, and be a useful and productive Granny on this trip and on my return. 

The Grannies have been such a wonderful support in so many ways, I am profoundly grateful for their help.  It is definitely a group effort! 

No comments:

Post a Comment